Care & Maintenance
Ease of Movement
and service life
The durability of the air beams’ rubber fabric depends on proper use. To obtain the maximum service life from your Airsled system, observe the following practices.
- Always make sure there is at least 1/2 inch clearance on all sides between the floor and the bottom of the backing surface when the air beams are inflated.
- Avoid “rolling” the air beams onto a corner or edge. A slight downward pressure on the side being pushed will prevent it.
- Avoid sharp edges, nails, gravel and corrosives on the floor surface. Floors should be swept clean.
- Do not turn off the blower unless movement is completely stopped. Avoid accidental disconnection of the power cord or air hose.
- Do not attempt to push the load when the blower is turned off.
- Do not use the hoses or power cord to pull the load.
Ease of movement and service life can be increased by applying a silicone based protectant such as Armor All to the rubber fabric from time to time. Armor All is available at most hardware stores. Just follow the manufacturers instructions for application. If the air beams are secured to the load, spray the protectant onto a sheet of plastic film, turn the blowers on and move the load across it several times.
Let Airsled Help
Move Your Products
We’ll work with you to find the right tools for moving heavy equipment or any other heavy load quickly, safely and cost-effectively. Contact us to find the perfect Airsled solution for your upcoming project.